Connect Aspire One to external projector

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jkt_man, Aug 6, 2008.

1. jkt_man

jkt_man

Dear Friend,

I just recently bought the aspire one with linpus, but then I try installing windows on it. After installing windows, I try to connect it to external projector/LCD screen, but it seems that it only success to view the windows logo screen, but when it comes to the windows login screen then the external screen (LCD/projector) will display "no signal detected". Anyone has try (under windows) and any possible solution to this problem?

I call the Acer tech support and they say that windows does not have the driver of "launch manager" installed but the Linpus have built-in launch manager that enable this connection to external screen.

I have try to press the "Fn", "F5" button several times but still no luck, it only shown at external screen up to the windows logo screen (the window logo appearing when first time we turn on PC) but when it comes to the login screen, the external screen go blank and shown "no signal detected", I also have try to lower screen size at the aspire one to 800X600 but still no luck.

Please kindly help, do we need to install additional driver or I just get the damaged "vga port" in my aspire one?

Leo

jkt_man, Aug 6, 2008
  2. jkt_man

martin111

hi in control panel go to configuration, then advanced options, at the top click in Intel graphics media acelerator driver to mobile, then properties and choose monitor (instead of PC) , click apply and accept
    IMPORTANT !! you need to have your external projector connected, otherwise the monitor option will not show up
    your aspire screen will go black out, the projector one will show up
    if not try FN F5

tell me if it worked

Martin

martin111, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question