configuration dialog windows ubuntu 8.10 to big

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have every going in ubutu 8.10 but an annoyance is I cant see the bottom of confuration dialog windows they are below the screen, ussually just loose command buttons at the bottom and randomly try alt commands :). is there something like a system wide install that would give those windows a scroll bar. Or if you use one of the distros meant for netbooks like linpus or netbook ubuntus or others specifacallly for net books will the windows be re-sized approriatly for the screen. Just curious, I hate to change since wifi and my bluetooth mouse are a bear to get working and I got them working so I may just live with it. But I was hoping to find a system wide setting/update that would allow scrolling of dialog boxes.

Guest, Jan 10, 2009
  2. Guest

james_mtl

Hold the left alt key while clicking and holding the left mouse button to move any window.
    However by default you will not be able to move a window past the top of the screen.
    To fix this issue the following command in a terminal window :

gconftool-2 --set /apps/compiz/plugins/move/allscreens/options/constrain_y --type bool 0

james_mtl, Jan 10, 2009
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks that worked :D

Guest, Jan 10, 2009
  4. Guest

r0k

Thanks, this will come in handy.

I had to maximize the evolution email client setup windows to get access to the buttons and once maximized they wouldn't restore. This method is much better.

r0k, Jan 16, 2009
  5. Guest

Hoojio

Thanks, this really improves Ubuntu on the aa1.

Hoojio, Jan 17, 2009
Ask a Question