Configuration details not clear to me

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by elsapo, Aug 1, 2008.

1. elsapo

elsapo

Hi all,

I've ordered an Aspire One 150X, 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, Linux, and the expected delivery is 30th of August. That's fine but...
    What about the configuration? It looks like something has been chnaged in between and I will get the 150X with a 120GB HD and one memory slot with 1GB, isn't it?

If somebody has a clear wiew of this topic, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Cheers.

elsapo, Aug 1, 2008
  2. elsapo

Sid

Depending on the supplier and the country, you are very likely to get a 120Gb drive, with 512mb soldered to the main board and 512mb in the sodimm slot

Sid, Aug 1, 2008
  3. elsapo

elsapo

Thanks a lot.
    It's a good deal, but it would have been better 512MB soldered and a 1GB added later on...
    I don't know if the 512MB dimm fits my other HP laptop, but probably not.

Cheers.

elsapo, Aug 1, 2008
  4. elsapo

Sid

From my memory DDR2 PC2-4200 533mhz 200pin sodimm

If you search for 533 there are loads of posts about ram.

Sid, Aug 1, 2008
  5. elsapo

rjm

The HDD versions were originally, at the time the demo units were sent out, said to be 80GB. The release versions will all be 120GB as far as I know.

Something odd with the XP license agreement, initially stated that the hard drive had to be less than 80GB to get the cheap "netbook" OEM license from MS, a restriction that was removed at some point. Or maybe it was a restriction imposed by Intel on the Atom... aparently there are a bunch, like not being able to stick it on a motherboard with a PCI-E slot for example.

memory is 512 base, soldered, plus whatever Acer puts in the slot: 0, 512 or 1, for a total of 512, 1 or 1,5GB. Note the chipset supports a max. of only 2GB (1+1), a 2GB dimm in the slot doesn't even boot appparently.

rjm, Aug 2, 2008
Ask a Question