Computer upgraded to 7 but not supposed to be?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Zayroen, May 5, 2012.

1. Zayroen

Zayroen

I recently bought an Aspire E380. It's a desktop and came with Windows Vista. Now I got it second hand as my old computer's harddrive fried on me. The man that owned it upgraded it to Windows 7. I was unaware that the model does not actually come with windows 7. I have found that I have been having trouble playing some games, such as Minecraft or SecondLife due to the games claiming my video cards are not updated. The cards themselves claim they are updated and I can play other games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends fine.

My question is two-fold. Is it the windows 7 that is causing my problem?
    If so, I know HOW to restore my computer from the splash screen but if I DO so, will it restore to Vista? Or 7 thus making there be no point?

Zayroen, May 5, 2012
  2. Zayroen

elPaulio Moderator

Hi there,

I dont think Windows 7 is your problem, it sounds more like the drivers for your graphics card etc require updating.
    Best thing to do would be either go to Acers Support website and download the Windows 7 drivers if available or go to the Graphics manufacturers site and download the latest Windows 7 driver packs.

Then uninstall the current drivers through Device manager and install the downloaded ones.

Hope the above helps, but if you need further assistance can you let us know whic graphics card your machine has installed and we'll be able to point you in the right direction of a driver download.

Cheers

Paul

elPaulio, May 10, 2012
  3. Zayroen

Zayroen

I've tried doing that a few times! and It still says the same thing...Radeon x1300/ x1500 is the one I have. How exactly would I uninstall then install the new ones?

Zayroen, May 15, 2012
  4. Zayroen

PCNetSpec

Last edited: May 15, 2012
    PCNetSpec, May 15, 2012
Ask a Question