Computer keeps switching to battery

Discussion in 'Windows' started by acerconvert, Nov 21, 2009.

1. acerconvert

acerconvert

My Acer keeps going to battery power without my knowledge. I'm afraid I may have a bad power cord. I have been going to my power options properties and changing my settings and am afraid I have things really messed up. Can you tell me what the default power schemes are so I can reset things.

acerconvert, Nov 21, 2009
  2. acerconvert

Forone

Personally I've reset the XP power options to "never" do anything any time for both AC and battery power. I put the machine into standby manually when done with it. The effect of changing power options is not to shift from AC power to battery.

On mine only a few weeks ago I noticed a cutting out from AC. The AC wall socket cord insulation, not the transformer part, had cracked and the copper wire broke, after less than a year - It was still under warranty and Acer sent a replacement very quickly. Never had a power cord do that before - badly made - but the replacement looks better. I checked eBay and found a lot of cheap power adapters but can't vouch for them.

Forone, Nov 22, 2009
Ask a Question