complete system restore HELP!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by toymom, Jun 3, 2009.

1. toymom

toymom

I have sold my AAO netbook, Linpus Lite OS, 160 GB hard drive. I have the recovery disk, read the directions, but can not get it to work.

I have a computer (desktop) with win XP, I went into system BIOS, and changed start sequence to CD first, continued on, and nothing happened, nothing came up to be able to download the disk to the USB (that was plugged in 1 G). What am I doing wrong? Please someone help, I don't want my personal info to be on here when the buyer comes to pick it up!

toymom, Jun 3, 2009
  2. toymom

toymom

so I thought maybe my USB device wasn't big enough, so I bought an 8 G one,and it is still the same, nothing comes up to load the CD ontot he USB ......help!

toymom, Jun 4, 2009
  3. toymom

barrie

Hi toymom,

Have you read this thread?
    viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7412

If after you have followed the instructions and there are still problems I would recommend you borrow > internet café > or friends a USB CD/DVD drive then connect it to the Acer and use the disk directly thus bypassing the recover USB stick, I am not sure why many have issues regarding the USB stick recovery all has worked well for me.

barrie, Jun 4, 2009
Ask a Question