Compiz Desktop effects enabled ond AA1 - Youtube Video!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Irwin J. Finster, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Irwin J. Finster

Irwin J. Finster

Hi Folks have you seen this video on youtube:

there they enabled compiz-fusion on the AA1. Looks neat, but on my machine I seem to get erratic behavior like lockups when doing it. Anyone tried this so far and how well is it running for you?

Irwin J. Finster, Aug 22, 2008
  2. Irwin J. Finster

Sid

How much memory do you have?

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Irwin J. Finster

Brunus

compiz is installed out-of-the box in the AAO. just open a terminal, and type: compiz-manager
    have fun :)

Brunus, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Irwin J. Finster

rebuilder

Should you want to use compiz, I recommend installing fusion-icon via a package manager. It'll add an icon to your panel that gives you easy access to compiz settings and lets you quickly switch window managers on the fly. I find playing videos with compiz enabled is a no-go, they stutter too much, so I switch back to the default WM when I want to watch something.

That said, compiz is actually a big help with the small screen. I don't care for the effects as such, but the scale plugin (think exposé) is very useful with the activation mapped to a corner of the screen, and the desktop cube makes transitioning between virtual desktops less jarring.

rebuilder, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question