Common OS relod mistake!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by OldPhil, Jul 13, 2010.

1. OldPhil

OldPhil

I bought a A1 about a year and a half ago, a few weeks ago I noticed I was running out of space on the SSD. I came up here and did some reading and attempted to reload the OS with the factory disks, try as I may I could not get the XP 3 disk to load. I discovered my mistake when I looked over both disks, the XP 3 disk showed nothing that looked like an OS disk should to me. I looked over the what I thought should be the "Second" disk it looked to be the load disk. Sure enough starting it with the the disk marked system CD all went just fine, in speaking with the tech at Best Buy he said so many people trying to reload use the wrong disk and get frustrated and bring the machine to the Geek Squad and pay to have it reloaded.

OldPhil, Jul 13, 2010
  2. OldPhil

wertr

Re: your crowded SSD, did you ever determine if the SSD was filled with garbage or bogus files? I have reloaded O/S 10 times in 18 months because every month or so I find myself down to 500MB or less! It isn't user data, and I only load Firefox and Skype! The offending files must be hidden as they never show up on any type of scan. Sound familiar?

wertr, Nov 26, 2010
Ask a Question