command history from factory!?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GavinK151, Sep 30, 2008.

1. GavinK151

GavinK151

OK this is wierd!

I was using a terminal as root and happened to cycle back over the command history....into some stuff I dont recognize!! looks like it might be stuff from manual config - anyone else see this? Basically its a whole bunch of commands I dont recognise like copy icons etc - wtf? Anyone else seeing a list of random commands (as root) in the command history!?

GavinK151, Sep 30, 2008
  2. GavinK151

rbil

Those are the commands that the people at Acer used when they originally setup the OS for the Aspire. After they got it set up as they wanted, they simply started to image that OS to all the SSD drives they sell. This of course left behind a history of the terminal commands they were using. Not a big mystery. But they could have erased the .bash_history file in the user home directory if they wanted to hide what they'd done. :)

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 30, 2008
  3. GavinK151

cpchan

This is because half of their init system starts from ~/.bash,profile!

cpchan, Oct 1, 2008
  4. GavinK151

GavinK151

:lol: ok yeah i suspected it might be something like this! I am surprised it was not all cleaned up before they used the image but no big deal really I guess, cheers guys!

GavinK151, Oct 1, 2008
Ask a Question