Combined wifi and bluetooth pci-e card

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Baza, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Baza

anthony21403

Will the Widcomm bluetooth software work with this? I am using an Iomega dongle till my card gets here and the Widcomm software I had to use for it seems very good, and connects quick and easy.

anthony21403, Jul 11, 2009
  2. Baza

Easy10pins

For some reason I could not get Bluesoleil 2.0.7.13 to work. I also found out that the latest version, 6.something, wouldn't work either. I got connected after the initial install and wouldn't connect again.

So I went to my favorite torrent site and downloaded Bluesoleil 5. Now I am back up and running.

Easy10pins, Jul 11, 2009
  3. Baza

Easy10pins

Whichever bluetooth management software you use should work. If not just do a search for Bluesoleil and download it.

Easy10pins, Jul 11, 2009
  4. Baza

Easy10pins

I have noticed, with this card, faster processing times in terms of web pages loading. :mrgreen:

Right now I am tethering via my BB Curve 8330m getting about 115.2 kbps.

Good stuff.

Easy10pins, Jul 13, 2009
  5. Baza

anthony21403

Anyone do a before and after test with this card? If not, I am waiting to get my card. Just let me know and I will find a good wifi connection here on base and run a before and after on it. What would I need to use to check these speeds?

anthony21403, Jul 14, 2009
  6. Baza

Easy10pins

Easy10pins, Jul 14, 2009
  7. Baza

radioman193

I wanted to buy one of these But its just B/G No N and not a true Class1
    and i found out its a jap cluge you need BlueSoleil software to run them and it is NOT free!!
    BlueSoleil is Verry buggie. bad stack software

ill wait for a "N" Version to come out and then still only if the Bluetooth is Broadcom.

A good Broadcom Bluetooth Chipset cant be beat
    and would be in you best intrest.
    the Broadcom chipsets are Better and The Software is better and is FREE! and without Bugs

look for a Linksys Bluetooth USB Adapter USBBT100
    or a
    Pair of INSIGNIA Stereo Bluetooth Headphones NS-BTHDST with dongle thay sound Awsome and have a SWEET Broadcom Bluetooth dongle (BCM2045B3) v2 +EDR

thats what i did I got mine for $15.00 eatch free shiping i got 6 pair

Broadcom will Caust you alittle more but you get what you Pay for.
    look for a Linksys Bluetooth USB Adapter USBBT100 will work better if your going to use it as a dongle and is a Class1 100 mW
    the other one is class2 2.5 mW

But the JAP ones are 1.0 mW EVEN if thay say thay are Class1 thay are NOT.
    as i have got alot of these junk things trying to find a cheeped dongle and found thay ARE NOT WORTH IT and still pay for the software to use them. lol

Just My 2 Cents as a electronics technician that works on this stuff every day from 1979 to the present.

radioman193, Jul 17, 2009
  8. Baza

Easy10pins

I got a refund on the software I purchased and downloaded BlueSoleil 5. It works great. No bugs, connection every time. I've had ZERO issues connecting to my cell phone, headphones and mouse via BT.

Some people don't care to have the latest and greatest thing since sliced bread. No "N" oh well.

Easy10pins, Jul 18, 2009
Ask a Question