Color Balance & Hue Adjustment of LCD?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by aceinthehole25, Aug 17, 2008.

1. aceinthehole25

aceinthehole25

I have the AA1 Linux model and was hoping to use it for photo editing. However the color balance/hue appears to be way off when viewing photos.

Is there any way to adjust the global color balance/hue of the LCD in Linux? Also, I was wondering if anyone with the XP version could check the video driver to see if these options are available in the "Display Properties" > "Settings" > "Advanced" dialog box?

Just curious, has anyone tried installing Photoshop on the XP model? If so, how well does it run on the AA1?

Thanks

aceinthehole25, Aug 17, 2008
  2. aceinthehole25

annafil

I'm not sure color balance is your problem, but as I can't physically see your screen I could be wrong :)

On my linux aspire I noticed that though the colors were very vivid (and quite lovely), they came in bands almost like the laptop was set to display 16bit instead of 24bit. Turned out to be a graphics driver issue.

I have found replacement drivers if you are interested, but there is a caveat: with one driver the webcam lockups the entire system, and the other needs to be compiled from scratch and will cause problems if you use compositing (compiz or otherwise).

it's a pain if you're not really familiar with linux, I admit. But the upside is the new driver utilizes the brilliant screen's full potential :) Everyone I know oggles at mine ;)

annafil, Aug 17, 2008
Ask a Question