Clonezilla

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Racer38, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Racer38

Racer38

Well I found a torrent of the ZG5 Windows XP Clonezilla images for the drive. After pulling my hair out I finally got it to read the partitions and I am currently restoring them. I dont even know if they work or not. It took me forever to figure out how to get Clonzilla to actually see the images. Hopefully this works and I wont be sitting here waiting on my restore disks.

Craig

Racer38, Feb 22, 2009
  2. Racer38

Racer38

Yup it is a 100% image of the 160 gig ZG5 .. When it rebooted it was just like it was when I first turned it on...

I have no idea how I would host these files but a search for AcerAspireOneZG5 for torrents should reveal what you are looking for. Also if you have trouble getting it to work let me know. Took me a coupld hours to figure it out ..

Craig

Racer38, Feb 22, 2009
  3. Racer38

Racer38

1 more follow up, the E-Recovery even works now ! so I'm not sure who made up the clone images but Hats off to them !

Racer38, Feb 22, 2009
  4. Racer38

Racer38

Ok if you decide to find the torrent and download the clonezilla images here is how I made it work

1st dont use the included clonezilla iso, I never could get that to work.

Download the latest version of clonezilla and make a boot dvd, thats the only way I could get it to boot
    Then I used a 8 gig usb drive, I made a folder called AcerAspireOneZG5 and copied all the files into that folder minus the clonezilla.iso

Boot up clonezilla in the dvd and follow the instructions, choose sdb1 drive for the restore and the rest was watching it restore. Its an exact drive match to the way it comes out of the box.

Craig

Racer38, Feb 22, 2009
  5. Racer38

liquidhead

Oh my word!

I have downloaded the image file and latest clonezilla - but cannot get it to find the image!

PLease please please can you post step by step instructions - would really appreciate the help!

liquidhead, Feb 23, 2009
  6. Racer38

Racer38

Like I said, AcerAspireOneZG5 you must make this folder on the usb drive and mount the drive using Clonzilla but dont mount the folder, mount the root of the usb drive, then it shows up. At least thats how it worked for me..

Racer38, Feb 23, 2009
Ask a Question