cleaning TFT soft screen

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by yachtpro, Dec 28, 2008.

1. yachtpro

yachtpro

What is the best (and safest) way to clean the Aspire One screen? My wife sneezed last night and now I can see dots of some substance all over the screen. They don't wipe off using a micro fiber cloth. Any mild window or surface cleaners you can suggest? I used to clean my old laptop screen with Glass Plus lightly sprayed on the cloth (NEVER the screen) first and then then gentle rubbing. Any suggestions that anyone has tried with success and no damage? Thanks.

yachtpro, Dec 28, 2008
  2. yachtpro

melhiore

Any LCD cleaning set with cloth and spray from any computer shop. I'm using one for plasma TV and LCD monitor. Works great...

Here was something about cleaning the screen: http://aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopi ... ing#p31769

melhiore, Dec 28, 2008
  3. yachtpro

markh

The AAO screen is oddly stubborn to clean. I've found odd "substance" marks to yield if you carefully increase the amount of elbow grease you use with a micro-fibre cloth until they shift. Dusting the screen more lightly first should stop any rogue particles scratching your screen. Or the spray suggestion is a valid one (I'm just a bit cheap, same reason I have a AAO.)

markh, Dec 28, 2008
  4. yachtpro

LAZ

I've been using something called Dust-Off Monitor Wipes, wet wipes bought at a computer store. They claim to be safe for LCDs.

The only ingredient listed is isopropyl alcohol. You could probably make your own with a 50-50 solution of alcohol and water and anti-static cloth, but these are convenient. No problems so far; however, my One is only a couple of weeks old.

LAZ, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question