Clamp for the keyboard connector

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by ELNOV, Aug 29, 2009.

1. ELNOV

ELNOV

Quite a few months ago I did the memory upgrade on a AOA110 and thinking the motherboard connector for the keyboard was one of those that slides out, I broke it. The black piece lost some teeth and it doesn't work anymore.
    I was wondering if someone has found a way to replace that piece or even some hardware company provides that type of connector. Somebody has to be making those for Acer to put on their motherboards, right?
    I'm hoping I don't have to buy a whole motherboard.
    Since then, I've taken it apart several times, so once I fix that issue I want to get going with the internal USB hub, which opens the door to so many possibilities.

I see so many great ideas about the hardware in this area of the forums that I thought it made more sense posting here.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks

ELNOV, Aug 29, 2009
  2. ELNOV

garrovick

Check with a keyboard or motherboard seller? They may have one they will send you. But many computer parts made for manufactures are not available retail. There is also the duct tape/glue/epoxy solution.

garrovick, Aug 29, 2009
Ask a Question