Circuit City no longer stocking the AAO?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by penguin5, Sep 13, 2008.

1. penguin5

penguin5

Although Im not positive about that, I do believe that Circuit City's website is not really theirs. Kind of like Target, their website is owned by amazon. So whatever is on the website will not be in stores, and vise versa. This also may be due to the new version of aao so they are rebuilding their online stock. Just my opinion.

penguin5, Sep 13, 2008
  2. penguin5

snowwy66

could be, in spite of what this forum says. that it was not a very popular model. or it's just backordered. like all netbooks seems to be once the first stock sells out. some geeks like the linux version and don't mind the 8 gig drive. as much as i don't like windows, although vista has worked out good for me. unlike all the ads that seem to be posted complaining about vista. windows don't bother me as much as it used too. i'm not a geek but i have tried various linux version. idon't have that kind of patience to learn a new operating system. linux is too complicating for me. and for most of the world. which is windows strong point. it's easy and people that WANT to learn how to use a computer can handle windows. it's 20 bucks more but i got the xp version with an actual hard drive. 120 gigs, twice the memory, and windows. much better deal if you ask me. specially since the linux people are wiping out for an xp install. and xp don't seem to want to run on ssd. in fact. there seem to be people taking the ssd out in place of a actual hdd. saving 20 bucks for a linux version that seems to be getting more mods then the xp version just isn't a value. bestbuy has the xp version. but of course. it's sold out. if you want. that be the way to go. albeit y ou might have to wait 2 weeks now to actually see it in your hands. least it's still available for order

snowwy66, Sep 13, 2008
  3. penguin5

KiNG

WRONG FORUM

KiNG, Sep 13, 2008
  4. penguin5

deputyjones

I actually noticed that last week. They may still have some in stock at your local store though. I checked about two weeks ago at my local store and they had the 8gb, linpus version and were selling it for $399. That was the same week that Best Buy was advertising the 120gb, XP version for $350.

My local store did not have any displayed, and I had to convince the salesman that I knew what Linux was and really was interested in the Acer before he would bring one out :roll:

They did have the HP mini note displayed though, Unfortunately, I bought one of those and promptly returned it to newegg.

deputyjones, Sep 13, 2008
  5. penguin5

hmmwv

CC's website is directly linked to the store, you can order stuff online and pick up in store the same day. CC retail locations also match their online prices, even ones that's onsale online.

hmmwv, Sep 16, 2008
Ask a Question