Chrome and disk cache

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 2manydjs, Nov 5, 2008.

1. 2manydjs

2manydjs

Hi,

I've been using TinyXP (Ron's image) on my 8GB AAO and Firefox 3 as web browser for a while. To speed up the browser I disabled the disk caching as the write speed of the SSD is so slow.

Today I installed Google's Chrome and I must say it's perfect for computers with small screens! Next to that, it's fast! It feels faster than my tweaked Firefox 3. To make it even faster I would like to disable disk caching, does anybody know to do this?

Thanks for your help!

2manydjs, Nov 5, 2008
  2. 2manydjs

fortunz

fortunz, Nov 5, 2008
  3. 2manydjs

2manydjs

Thanks for the link! It refers to a list of startup parameters, but indeed the disk caching is not included.

2manydjs, Nov 5, 2008
  4. 2manydjs

Forone

You might want to experiment with Firefox 3.1 beta, which is supposed to be much faster due to Tracemonkey technology - I'm deferring it because 3.0 Add-Ons I use are not supported yet, but if you're using Chrome you won't miss those. I'd assume 3.1 has the disk cache settings. (Chrome is awfully snoopy, too.)

Forone, Nov 8, 2008
  5. 2manydjs

Crux

Chrome is snoopy cause if they dont know what you are doing and how the sites work and the errors it causes they can't fix it ^_^ But I agree.. they are snoopy.

Ofcourse they did forwarn me in the agreement that they were gonna snoop :p
    I like it though, I agree it is fast. Some flash trouble though.

Crux, Nov 9, 2008
Ask a Question