Christmas is gone, new year is around the corner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Hi guys! Just checking in with you! Christmas is gone, and new year is just around the corner, I hope you guys had a great time this Christmas. My family doesn't celebrate it, but we definitely celebrate New Year ;) I'd love to hear how you guys spent your Christmas though, did you make something special this year?

As for me we did nothing special, but next year I will surely start celebrating Christmas because of my husband (he's atheist, but comes from a catholic family). So I plan to get a lot Christmas decorations and get our own tree next year.

Sefie, Dec 26, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

We went to mass on Christmas Eve with my mom and my sister's family after we had dinner earlier as a tradition since my dad passed away on the Christmas Eve. After church, we came home and open presents. The next day, we gathered again for dinner at my house. We had a braised leg of lamb, collar greens cooked with ham hock, salad, soup and some munchy.

Usually Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are the two main days for us to be with extended family members, and then after that, back to normal and the cleaning begins, lol.

Wishing you and your family a great New Year!

IcyBC, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

Thank you :) ! It sounds like you guys had a great time! That menu sounds delicious, all of it! What are you guys going to do for New year's Eve? Next year I will celebrate Christmas big because my new husband comes from a catholic family :) He is not religious, but you know how even atheists from a christian/catholic background celebrate Christmas :O According to his family it's all about spending time together :) I guess I'll get a taste of that next year.

Happy new year to you as well! May this new year be much better than the old one!

Sefie, Dec 28, 2015
  4. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

2015 Christmas was a quiet one for us. Just a special luncheon at home with our favorite pot roast and a nice pie. The pie was custard and the crust was a bit underdone. Our family doesn't gather any longer for the party giver passed. New Years, we celebrate with one special family member who passed too, so it's just our home celebrating quietly special foods. Special foods in a Japanese household is a must for New Years. Time will fly by so make the most of everyday.

Krissttina Isobe, Feb 3, 2016
    Sefie likes this.
  5. Sefie

Sefie

Sorry to hear about your relatives who passed away :( But glad to read you guys had a great time! I love custard, by the way ;) I have never eaten a pie with that kind of filling, but you have definitely given me a great idea! I will look for recipes online ;) And yes, time does fly so fast!

Sefie, Feb 4, 2016
Ask a Question