Checked your email lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Charles Franklin, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Charles Franklin

Raider19

I constantly have my work email open and use the FIFO model when going through it. My personnel email, I check that about 5 - 10 times a day. Call me a fanatic but I can't stand email piling up, I get freaked out if my inbox exceeds 30 messages.

Raider19, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Charles Franklin

Jonah_JJ

I check my email way too often. There's never anything new or good there anyway. It's ridiculous the habits we get into. I don't thing there's ever been a time when I've missed an important email simply because I didn't check enough. A few months ago I went on the road and was out all day long. Didn't have service in a lot of places, spotty connection. And guess what? Days later I got back to my email and ... I hadn't missed a thing.

Jonah_JJ, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Charles Franklin

fcuco

Why do you need to actually manually and actively check your email? Both my computer and phone alert me when new messages arrive, you can do the same with gmail and desktop alerts if I remember correctly, those things pol the server every 15 minutes or so you are not going to miss important stuff. Even that windows messenger thing from ages ago alerted you when a new hotmail message arrived... those were the days!

fcuco, Mar 15, 2016
  4. Charles Franklin

Aleronic

At work I use a different browser and have an open tab all the time. I check my private mails once a day or every other day :)

Aleronic, Mar 16, 2016
  5. Charles Franklin

Kelsey

I check my email probably 5 or more times a day. I think it is more of an OCD thing than anything. I am always thinking I am going to get something important in there, although most of the time it is just spam or updates. I once had not checked my email in like a week and I ended up missing a nice job opportunity and a lot of other important things that send me notification when it gets closer to the date, like when bills are due. I made a note to myself never to miss an email again, and I haven't!

Kelsey, Mar 16, 2016
  6. Charles Franklin

acer93

On my browser - have a small gmail envelope on my taskbar so I can always see when there is a new email.

Otherwise I don't like the constant reminder of my phone, so I turned it off. It means that when I am on the go all day, sometimes I forget to look at my emails for hours.

acer93, Mar 17, 2016
  7. Charles Franklin

Aleronic

I've uninstalled all mailing apps as well. I've been on my phone for way too much time before doing that. I felt relieved afterwards. Lol

Aleronic, Mar 18, 2016
  8. Charles Franklin

ForeverANewbie

I constantly have the email tab open on my browser, so I'm immediately notified whenever I receive a message.

ForeverANewbie, Mar 18, 2016
  9. Charles Franklin

ad.mike2016

When I am at work I have both my work account and personal account open constantly. However, on the weekends I usually do not check either. I feel like this day and age we are all to connected and it's important to let go of all the email and social media from time to time. This allows you to actually live in the moment.

ad.mike2016, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Charles Franklin

Jason76

I check my email at least once a day, and sometimes two or more times However, I don't check everything in my inbox, cause so much of it is either spam, or stuff I signed up for, but aren't really that interested in. Lately, because my email provider is planning on becoming totally premium, Iv'e switched to a new email and that's reduced by unwanted email burden.

Jason76, Sep 18, 2016
  11. Charles Franklin

BlueText

I check my email twice a day. Once at eleven to catch all the morning traffic and once at four or six. Anything I don't see by then gets put on the tomorrow pile. I had to do this otherwise I would spend my whole day checking my email and not actually working. I know people who just keep their email up the whole time they're on the computer and I can't figure out how they get anything done. I will check more often if I know I'm supposed to receive something from a customer but other than that, no. I tell everyone upfront that those are my hour to contact me.

BlueText, Sep 24, 2016
  12. Charles Franklin

bsnguyenphuonghong

I check my email a lot of times in an hour

bsnguyenphuonghong, Apr 16, 2018
  13. Charles Franklin

Anton22

Couple times a day

Anton22, Aug 28, 2018
  14. Charles Franklin

wavedreams

I also receive a new mail notification alert so that I'll be notified of new emails.

wavedreams, May 16, 2019
Ask a Question