Cheap (But usable) Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android' started by fcuco, Mar 10, 2016.

1. fcuco

fcuco

What is the best Tablet bellow 100$? I know that any iPad is out of the question for this price range, I mean, I guess you could buy an used iPad for that but it will probably be an iPad 1 which is basically a brick by now stuck on iOS 5

I know that you can find some very cheap 30$ or less tablets but they are so bad and slow to the point that you can't use them, so you basically you'll be wasting your money, I wonder if you guys could tell me what's the sweet spot in terms of price, like, I don't know, maybe everything under 30$ is going to be a waste yet something that is 70$ is not going to be much different than something that goes for 100$.

Also, what do you think is the best screen size for a tablet?

fcuco, Mar 10, 2016
  2. fcuco

CasualGoofy

It still depends on your usage. For overall use, either Acer Iconia One 7 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite are under $100. I did try them in store, and they seemed fine.

I myself own a Kindle HD, which is solid enough for gaming and video streaming besides reading. So if lack of google play store and display customization doesn't bother you, Amazon's $50 Fire tablet is okay.

CasualGoofy, Mar 16, 2016
  3. fcuco

fcuco

That tablet looks reasonably good in terms of specifications and Acer is a brand I own and trust, I was doing some window shopping in amazon and sure enough, I stumbled upon that model a couple of times. They are not under 100$ though, I've seen then go from 100$ to 150$. Maybe 100$ is simply the threshold for something reasonably functional vs something that's going to fall apart and not worth the price. so I should go over 100$

fcuco, Mar 17, 2016
  4. fcuco

CasualGoofy

Amazon isn't my favorite store to buy such devices. I like newegg or rather try Wal-Mart(it's surprising what you can find on it).
    I usually check on shop and earn sites like swagbucks for possible discount. I've earned redeemable points on it by shopping through them for newegg. Budget friendly devices are usually found online than in store. Besides, you may get free shipping on top of it. There's also retailmenot to check on too.

CasualGoofy, Mar 18, 2016
  5. fcuco

fcuco

I have no qualms about buying technology at Wal-Mart, it is exactly the same device and the employees are as clueless or knowledgeable about it as any other employee from any of the other "technology" stores, moreover, you just go there , buy your stuff and nobody is trying to up sell you some extended warranty or some plan that you will likely never use. Anyway. I was looking to buy the thing online though, but if I catch that Acer thing on Wal-Mart I may consider it.

fcuco, Mar 19, 2016
  6. fcuco

CasualGoofy

I don't live near a Wal-Mart, so I've only shopped at their site instead. Be it online or in person for any store, even the online customer service would try to sell you.

I give them a flat no. The only time someone tried bit more even as I was at the cash register, he reasoned, "what if your hand slipped and dropped the device on a rainy day?". I told him, "I'll get a new one." :D (the warranty plan he was talking about cost about a quarter of the netbook I was getting at the time)

Hope you catch a good deal!

CasualGoofy, Mar 19, 2016
  7. fcuco

fcuco

Yeah, I know what you are talking about, but I am sure that they themselves know that the whole thing is pure bs but they are forced to offer it anyway by some upper management that should know better. That's why I never give store clerks any grief, the guy's just trying to earn a living.

fcuco, Mar 19, 2016
Ask a Question