Changing to keyboard layout to Czech

Discussion in 'Linux' started by YummyCZ, Oct 6, 2008.

1. YummyCZ

YummyCZ

I got today the Acer Aspire One with the Linus OS and I'm having a trouble to change the keyboard layout to Czech/or to be exact to make it actually write Czech characters when Changed to CS. I have done the following in setting/keyboard layout I checked following boxes English(US-International), English(UK)which is default because my keyboard is UK qwerty, and Czech. I also checked the box "Czech" in settings /Input languages/IMEngine/global setup and when I look into in settings /Input languages/IMEngine//generic table Czech Language is installed among others. After all the changes I restarted the system(several times now) and after changing to CS in the "status bar"I still can't get the Czech characters such as I'm still getting numbers and when I hold shift and press 2 I get @ it seems that this is the US qwerty layout(but CS is showing).... :cry:
    Any suggestion how to fix this? This is my first device with Linux...
    Many thanx for help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YummyCZ, Oct 6, 2008
  2. YummyCZ

ivor

There's an update on live-update just appeared for the CZ keyboard. might be related to your troubles.

ivor, Oct 10, 2008
  3. YummyCZ

YummyCZ

How do I download this? I have run the Live Update in Settings and I'm getting a message: your computer is already up to date. There are no further updates available... :(

YummyCZ, Oct 10, 2008
  4. YummyCZ

ivor

ivor, Oct 11, 2008
  5. YummyCZ

YummyCZ

I have downloaded and installed(with install patch) the file above, after installation I restarted the system but still no joy...
    I wonder is there a place where you can download the content of the recovery DVD? Surely the Czech recovery DVD will support English as well, I could just choose the English as the default language and the working Czech keybord layout would be there?

YummyCZ, Oct 11, 2008
Ask a Question