Changing the TrackPad (TouchPad) to an older style?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by DraxDomax, Apr 25, 2018.

1. DraxDomax

DraxDomax

I've recently updated my computing fleet :) I spent probably a total exceeding 50 hours searching, debating, comparing laptops because I have my own peculiar set of needs.
    I've found a middle ground finally but there's one thing that gets my knickers in a twist...

Modern TrackPad design!

- I hate clicking something that's not an actual button
    - I hate gestures. Never use them, they just randomly change my browser zoom
    - I hate side-scrolling
    - I hate haptic clicking. If I want to click something, I will click it, not tap it!
    - I hate that the "button" areas of the trackpad are also tracking... So, when I try to click something, the pointer moves

*Panting heavily, trying to regain breath*

My question is: How feasible would it be to buy some good old stable and buttoned trackpad and splice that into the new laptop?

I am willing to do my homework here and I promise to share the result with pictures and detail to help others.
    From reading online, we button-trackpad guys must be at least a large minority, if not a silent majority that has been trampled by Big Laptop :)

DraxDomax, Apr 25, 2018
Ask a Question