change OS to xp-pro A0513H-1729 3G Module dead

Discussion in 'Networking' started by telecotek, Apr 28, 2010.

1. telecotek

telecotek

this machine was purchased thru AT&T. needs to be joined to a coprate network and must have xp-pro. I have reinstalled XP but 3G is not working. No matter what I try nothing seems to work I have tried every version of the driver. i started to think the 3G module was defective so I shipped it back to acer who installed a new harddrive with a fresh image (xp-home) and the 3G is working.

Was there something else that I should have done during the installation. I created both a system restore disk and driver restore disk for this go-round. I noticed some different drivers on the driver disk that have an AT&T image. I'm thinking that might be the key. If anyone has any input I would greatly greatly appreciate it. or if you can point me in the direction of someone who might know.

This machine is for a client who is extremly high maintenance. Would like to return the machine to them ASAP.

Sorry if this thread belongs in a more appropriate area.

telecotek, Apr 28, 2010
  2. telecotek

ldra02

Do you have the XP Pro image file, or a CD to work with? If so, i can link you to some resources for putting it on a bootable usb thumb drive.

ldra02, May 23, 2011
Ask a Question