Certain sites very slow

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by HelenBaby, Feb 14, 2010.

1. HelenBaby

HelenBaby

Heya
    since getting my laptop (an Acer one D250-0Bb) I've found certain sites (mainly Livejournal and Twitter) load -alot- slower than they do compared with other sites (indeed ; over half the time the connection times out). I don't have this problem with any of my other devices ; my other laptops or iphone, despite using the same wireless connection, and am pretty sure its not my security software as my other laptops run the same ones (chiefly AVG Free).
    Anyone any idea what the problem could be?

HelenBaby, Feb 14, 2010
  2. HelenBaby

RockDoctor

Could be your security software (the Acer is going to be slower than most modern laptops), or it could be the wireless connection itself - you might want to check the connection speed between the Acer and your wireless access point..

RockDoctor, Feb 16, 2010
  3. HelenBaby

Forone

Sounds like there might be problems at their end, not yours. I just googled Livejournal (which I never heard of) and it didn't load. Twitter loaded right up. It's a couple of days since you asked.

If you have continuing problems you should specify the operating system and the browser you are using to try to access these sites.

Forone, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question