Certain keys not working. W, Fn, f5 + a few others.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by flowerpot, Apr 17, 2010.

1. flowerpot

flowerpot

What would be the cause of this? Anything other than a borked keyboard?

Updated bios, checked ribbon cable seating etc.

Bought recently as broken. Turned out SSD was just not connected correctly. Previous owner had had it apart, so I'm not discounting that he's been a bit ham-fisted with it and damaged the keyboard ribbon while dismantling it, though I can't see any damage.

Works great aside from the keyboard. New keyboard in order or is there anything we can try?

Thanks,

flowerpot, Apr 17, 2010
  2. flowerpot

bigdj_21

i got kindaa the same problem bud I bought mine new for using 4 cognitive rehabilitation after my accident I lost my job an it was all i could afford it didnt take long and the letter K startedd 2 have some issues with stickingand occasionally nt working today I came n from workin on the car cuz i was gettin kinda dizzy went 2 sit n my chair never even looked and sat on my poor acerwhich broke the screen I already ordered a new screen and got the broken one out I knw how 2 fix that but the power button is stuck n the on position I dont knw wat 2 do about that or if there is anything I can do 2 get it unstuck I 2 need help 2 get the power button unstuck urgently I need it back up n runnin 2 use it 4 cognitive rehab anyone all suggestions welcome????

bigdj_21, Apr 30, 2010
Ask a Question