Cell phone security

Discussion in 'Android' started by acheno84, Jun 9, 2016.

1. acheno84

acheno84

Not sure if you guys have a virus blocker on your smartphone, but you should consider downloading one. I use McAfee and it's amazing. It blocks pages that pop up and tell me that I'm the 100th daily visitor and that if I just pay shipping and handling I MIGHT be sent an ipad. I never really knew that viruses were a threat to cell phones, but I make sure that my app runs all of the time and it will also screen any games or apps that you download as well.

The free version works great, but you can purchase the upgraded package if you so desire.

acheno84, Jun 9, 2016
  2. acheno84

rz3300

I have always wondered if I needed something for my phone, and even though I do not use it all that much I still feel like it is something that you should have. I am pretty shocked to hear that McAfee has a version, and that is certainly a good thing to a reputable company offering one. I just would not have guessed that they did it and thought someone else would, but now I just have to go and look into it, so thanks for the share @cluckeyo

rz3300, Jun 12, 2016
  3. acheno84

vinaya

I have virus blocker installed on my phone. It is a free software. I suppose the app is working perfectly on my phone because I have not encountered any problem. I use my phone to surf the net but it still performs like the new one. My phone antivirus works as mobile security and anti virus.

vinaya, Jun 13, 2016
  4. acheno84

sparkster

Yes, smartphones are even more prone to malicious software than computers are. They use more signals and have more functions which can be exploited than computers generally do. For example, malicious software could download through having your background data enabled, which could then run in the background and steal your contacts phone numbers in order to send itself to them or it could use your credit to phone premium rate phone numbers, thereby stealing your credit and running your phone bill right up.

sparkster, Jun 13, 2016
    Karen Gordon likes this.
  5. acheno84

remnant

My cellphone is a feature phone and security issues do pop up but not to such an extent as to engender much concern. A password and a phonelock are enough to keep thing in check. Some people have found a way round this by flashing the phone to clear data but this should be done if you have back up for the same.

remnant, Oct 5, 2016
  6. acheno84

Corzhens

My cellphone is a virgin when it comes to anti-virus. Although we are aware of virus and malware that inhabits the internet, we have protection for our home desktop but not in our cellphones. If that McAffe has a free version, how do I get it from the internet, is it in the Play Store (my Samsung is an Android). Pardon me but I am not well versed with technical on the cell phone and I don't install easy because I'm afraid to have my phone contaminated with a virus by irresponsible downloading of apps.

Corzhens, Oct 6, 2016
  7. acheno84

hades_leae

I remember those pages where I would be notified via a pop up saying I was like the thousandth visitor and I won a free ipad, and because I didn't know about those scams, I filled out the forms with all of my personal information which just led to me signing up for more offers, and creating accounts for websites I didn't want anything to do with.

Anyways, as far as cell phone security, I don't really know it I would consider it a big deal honestly, I never heard of someone getting their cell phone hacked.

hades_leae, Oct 6, 2016
  8. acheno84

Karen Gordon

Cellphones like smartphones are just small computers they can and will get hacked. Since so many people are doing things on their computer like banking and giving out personal information it is very short sighted not to have some kind of proetection on your phone. Ther are plenty of decent free anti virus programs around for phones,,,use them.

Karen Gordon, Oct 9, 2016
  9. acheno84

AntonioCalcano

Cellphone security is much like pc or laptop security, the best security relies on how smart you are when using your device, and you don't need to be that smart, just have common sense and you should be okay, don't download stuff from people or sources you don't know and everything should be fine.

AntonioCalcano, Oct 14, 2016
  10. acheno84

Karen Gordon

Well, this is a point, but as I said, more and more people are giving out sensitive data on their phone, everytime you sign up for an app, or use public wifi, you could be putting yourself at risk. Do what you want, but I will always have some kind of protection on my phone. I realize not everyone has a smartphone but they are getting more and more commonplace.

Karen Gordon, Oct 15, 2016
  11. acheno84

Sefie

I use an antivirus and so far all good :) I use the Avast one :) But I might give McAfee a try, that function the OP mentioned sounds like the exact thing I'm looking for!

Sefie, Oct 15, 2016
  12. acheno84

sachinkumar12

I use an antivirus and so far all good :) I use the McAfee one

sachinkumar12, Jan 27, 2017
Ask a Question