CDW selling aspire one 1GB RAM 120GB HD $399?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ruckus, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ruckus

ruckus

This is the first one with a hard drive I've seen in the states, their site claims to be shipping them out in 1-3 business days.

• Intel Atom N270 Processor 1.6GHz
    • 120GB Hard Drive
    • 1GB DDR2 533 SDRAM
    • 802.11b/g WLAN
    • LAN
    • Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    • 8.9" WSVGA (1024x600) Acer CrystalBrite Technology
    • Intel Graphics Meida Accelerator 950

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/defaul ... DC=1502352

ruckus, Aug 5, 2008
  2. ruckus

hongcho

Interesting... I placed an order last week and they called me on Monday saying that ETA has moved to the end of the month. So, I canceled it. At the time I ordered it, it said "4 - 6 days" and then over the weekend changed to "call".

I think it's better to call them.

Hong.

hongcho, Aug 5, 2008
  3. ruckus

ruckus

I just put in my order but I will call them soon to confirm. Thanks for the reply. Maybe they are noticing a lot of people are ordering them based on the expected ship date, and a lot of people just keep their orders after they are told they are back ordered.

Crappy business practices...

ruckus, Aug 5, 2008
  4. ruckus

Guest Guest

cdw.ca has 3-6 days.

2 days ago a NCIX staff member posted "XP models are mid august so a couple of weeks. Anyone publishing a data at this time would have erroneous information as Acer is still waiting on a confirmed factory ship date."

As much as I want to believe these dates I see floating around I don't think any are real. Probably won't see the 120gb until the end of the month. Gotta resist MSI Wind in the mean time

Guest, Aug 5, 2008
  5. ruckus

ruckus

Yeah i just called them, they have 170 back ordered already. The woman said they have received the first batch and are fulfilling the first set of back orders now, the next shipment will be the 25th of august, which is when mine would be fulfilled. Grats to those who got their back orders in earlier!

I'm going to keep mine on back order for now, I don't think the situation will improve much between now and then.

ruckus, Aug 5, 2008
  6. ruckus

Rathma

Interesting. My friend is coming back from the states early september. I wonder if I could get it shipped in time to his door before he leaves.

Rathma, Aug 5, 2008
Ask a Question