CD and DVD writing tools

Discussion in 'Linux' started by asgardian, Sep 2, 2008.

1. asgardian

asgardian

I have an external DVD RW drive that I know is being detected by the AA1 as it will auto-play CDs and DVDs (yes folk, looks like there is a DVD decoder in our little linux netbook.) Looking for some tools to help write disks from the AA1 - again a GUI would be helpful as I am new to Linux. Again, this is for back-up and archival reasons, so it does not have to be fancy.

asgardian, Sep 2, 2008
  2. asgardian

Elllipsis

Try Brasero

I haven't tested it with the AA1 but with my Ubuntu desktop it works great.

Just search for "brasero" with the add/remove tool.

Elllipsis, Sep 2, 2008
  3. asgardian

asgardian

tried it and got an 'error resolving dependencies.' Thanx though. Anyone have any other thoughts?

asgardian, Sep 2, 2008
  4. asgardian

lightpost

K3B all the way! It's the Roxio/Nero of the Linux world, and very very very very good! :D

Haven't tried burning anything on it yet on the AA1, but I have installed it [easily] via the repository.

For more reading:
    http://k3b.plainblack.com/

K9copy is also another excellent tool you might find handy. While not a burner per se, it is the easiest tool to use in case you ever need to... rip... things. :?

lightpost, Sep 4, 2008
  5. asgardian

RockDoctor

I've also found K3B to be the best of the free CD/DVD burners, although Brasero is getting better. There's also Xfburn, which is part of the XFCE desktop environment, but I don't believe it's in the Fedora repos.

RockDoctor, Sep 13, 2008
Ask a Question