cases for AA1 with 6 cell battery

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dcxx20, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dcxx20

dcxx20

I looked at the two threads about cases but they mostly talked about the 3 cell battery AA1. Anyone has good recommendation for AA1 with 6 cell battery? I tried a few eee cases from friends but none fits well. :?:

dcxx20, Sep 1, 2008
  2. dcxx20

Nee Nee

Nee Nee, Sep 2, 2008
  3. dcxx20

janss

I don't have a chance to test, but I bought Acer's own neoprene sleeve and it looks to be loose enough to also fit the 6-cell battery inside.. But like said, I haven't tried it since I don't know anyone who has the 6-cell battery.

janss, Sep 2, 2008
  4. dcxx20

blackjack

This is probably floating around in a thread here, but does anyone know how much the 6-cell battery adds in terms of dimensions? I guess it adds a little bit both to the "depth" of the unit [front to back], and heighth (bottom to top), so it's something I might want to consider if I get a case -- to allow room for adding a 6-cell down the road.

blackjack, Sep 3, 2008
  5. dcxx20

Nee Nee

OK, So I emailed Acer to see how I could go about exchanging the 3 cell slip case for the one they are giving out for the 6 cell (apparently they have just put the opening down the length and let the battery stick out) I thought it'd do the trick until other cases started coming out.

The emailed reply directed me to an Acer # (1800 816 2237) I sat on hold for a bit and the first guy was clueless, I sat on hold a little longer and then talked to another guy, he told me that they didn't have any kind of case like that and that Acer hasn't designed one nor would they do any sort of replacement.

ok, so Acer is useless on this one. I'm going to try Future Shop next to see if that gets me anywhere.

NN

Nee Nee, Sep 3, 2008
  6. dcxx20

DenDeV

The One with the 6-cell battery becomes 5 mm higher and 2 cm (!) deeper (front to back).

Do you think that the One fits in it with the dimensions I descriped?

Denis

DenDeV, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question