Case Logic Neoprene Sleeve - cheap and fits

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by brianburnham, Oct 15, 2008.

1. brianburnham

brianburnham

Picked up a nice neoprene sleeve from Walmart. It is intended for 7-9" DVD players. On the box it says it accommodates up to 10.25 x 7.5 x 2.35 which is just shy of the 6-cell battery depth (7.7). I have the 3 cell and it fits with a little play. $9.

Found a model online that looks identical except for the color options are limited to blue and pink (mine is black with gray trim).

http://www.caselogic.com/neoprene_dvd_p ... lid=105110

http://www.amazon.com/XDS-9-Neoprene-Pl ... B000YIYS6A

The model number on the Walmart version is MXDS-9 found in the DVD case section, the ones online are listed as XDS-9. This one looks cool too:

http://www.caselogic.com/7_150_9_ultra_ ... elid=70120

brianburnham, Oct 15, 2008
  2. brianburnham

levitron

levitron, Oct 15, 2008
  3. brianburnham

Pandemonium

I bought one of these at my local Wal-mart for $9.40. It fits my 6 cell AA1 perfectly, as if it were made for it. There is no play or slack, yet is loose enough that I can get it easily in and out. Couldn't be better.

Pandemonium, Oct 29, 2008
  4. brianburnham

Wishdiak

Sounds promising! Just so I know what to look for, is it the same model number as above?

Wishdiak, Oct 29, 2008
  5. brianburnham

winter_war

The sleeve from Walmart is MXDS-9 like the OP said. I picked one up yesterday and it fits like a glove. Acer should include one of these instead of that flimsy vinyl one that came with mine.

winter_war, Nov 2, 2008
  6. brianburnham

Wishdiak

For what it's worth...

I picked one of these up at Walmart over the weekend myself. I went to two different Walmarts, and this was really the only neoprene sleeve in the portable DVD player accessories. I tried it on my 6-cell Aspire One as soon as I got out to the parking lot, and it fits nicely.

Wishdiak, Nov 3, 2008
  7. brianburnham

djeaux

I'm bumpin' this up for the heck of it (and a first post).. I gave $9.95 for a Case Logic 7-9" sleeve at my local Wally World. Like Wishdiak, I found it was the ONLY neoprene sleeve in the portable DVD accessories. They had blue, black, and khaki. I got blue. Fits great.

I bought my AOA 150 at the same WalMart & it's not in a "metro" area by a long shot. Price no worse than internet & immediate gratification.

Anyway, first post! Hello to everyone!

djeaux (just say Joe)

djeaux, Feb 2, 2009
  8. brianburnham

Indiana_Geoff

Another vote for the Case Logic sleeve from Walmart. Good fit with a 3 cell and should easily fit a 6 cell.

thx Brian

Indiana_Geoff, Feb 15, 2009
  9. brianburnham

AspireOneFan

AspireOneFan, Mar 12, 2009
  10. brianburnham

DougHillman

When I'm carrying it in the dedicated Jack Skellington bag, my AA1 stays in the vinyl case that it came with (some folks didn't get these. Did anyone ever figure out what the pattern was? Early purchasers didn't get the bag?).

I'll occasionally just toss it in my backpack though, and when I do that, this neoprene case makes for a good protectant. Specially for $10 when you don't need to carry a buncha other stuff with. I'd make sure that you keep the dust offa your AA1 though, cuz the tight fit might cause some scratches. I'm gonna sew a little pocket onto the outside for my tiny bluetooth mouse as that's the only accessory I always like to have with me.

DougHillman, Mar 13, 2009
  11. brianburnham

T1nmaN

T1nmaN, May 16, 2009
  12. brianburnham

nedlyj

nedlyj, Jun 18, 2009
Ask a Question