Carry Bags, Cases, and Sleeves

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JaegerWulf, Sep 19, 2008.

1. JaegerWulf

evilelvis

I was with the wife at one of those Overstock stores, A G Wright (Marshalls) when I spotted a table with portable DVD cases. I had to call my kid at home and have her text me the dimentions of the AAO. After a quick serach I found a ICon portable DVD case. It's more a carry bag than a messenger bag. It has a top zipper that opens up the pocket. the AAO slips in easily and its padded. It has a front pocket where I can fit the Power cord and a Travel Targus Optical Mouse.

I brought it for $5 dollars in final markdown.
    [​IMG]

evilelvis, Dec 28, 2008
  2. JaegerWulf

chefchris

Nice bag at a great price! I will check out my local Marshalls tomorrow!! Hope I can score one!

chefchris, Jan 1, 2009
  3. JaegerWulf

tenderidol

I'll be doing the same :)

tenderidol, Jan 1, 2009
  4. JaegerWulf

JerryO1

I bought this case at Radio Shack for $9.99, but recently saw it there for $5.11.

Be aware that although the 6-cell will fit in this case it is a very, very tight squeeze. If you don't carry too many peripherals like me (microfiber cloth and a USB drive), this is the perfect companion for the AAO.

JerryO1, Jan 2, 2009
  5. JaegerWulf

Kenskill

I am retired and save money when I can so I looked for an inexpensive solution for carrying my AAO plus a plug in DVD drive

[​IMG]
    Aspire computer/lunch bag case.. Costco item #288140 Lunch Case $10.99

[​IMG]
    This is with the extended battery so it does not sit flush to the bottom but with soft sides it expands easily and I can put the DVD drive there on in the front pouch.
    [​IMG]
    With drive in the main section there is plenty of room for Sony folding earphones when I want them.

(The bottle will will not stay. :lol:)

Kenskill, Jan 16, 2009
  6. JaegerWulf

Kenskill

The lunch bag above works fine without a cover. The cover I just got is leather and protrudes a bit making for a tight fit in the lunch bag. It works but it takes some extra effort to get the covered AAO into bag.

Kenskill, Jan 21, 2009
  7. JaegerWulf

DampCat

Desperately looking for a Timbuk2 T-pack in the UK. Dell refuse to ship them internationally :(

DampCat, May 29, 2009
  8. JaegerWulf

SnowboardVicky

I wanted one of these too - but gave up in the end. Would be interested in knowing if anyone has manged to get one..................

SnowboardVicky, May 29, 2009
  9. JaegerWulf

DampCat

I gave up. I got the sleeping bag one from a few pages back. Screw dell :(

DampCat, May 30, 2009
  10. JaegerWulf

scottyd

scottyd, Jun 3, 2009
  11. JaegerWulf

claret

claret, Jul 13, 2009
  12. JaegerWulf

Sarouk

Sarouk, Sep 16, 2009
  13. JaegerWulf

Ness

Ok, so I'm gonna make a bit of advertising here : http://www.mytikkashop.com/Housses-sur- ... books.html
    It's a girl named Candice who does all these sleeves. Each one is handmade. I ordered one some months ago, I was really satisfied with her work. It's not expensive for hand made stuff. I put pictures of my sleeve on my blog (this one was custom-made, based on two models, and is reversible) : http://blog.lesenfantsdelo.com/2009/08/ ... a-mytikka/ (it's in French, but the images are just below the article)
    If you want something original, you won't be disappointed. The sleeve is well padded, and the AAO is really well protected.
    MyTikka also makes sleeves for other netbooks / notebooks, you can choose your notebook size when you order, and tell her which model you have, so she'll make the sleeve for its exact dimensions.

Ness, Nov 6, 2009
  14. JaegerWulf

MaLfUnCtIoN

Name: mobile edge netbook backpack (scanfast)
    Price: $49.99
    Location: http://www.mobileedge.com/edge-ultra-po ... kpack.html
    Thoughts: Very well laid out. I can fit my netbook and a textbook or 2 in the main compartment and all my cables and portable drives in the secondary compartment. Has a special pocket just for music players with headphone cable pass through, and in the front most pocket i store my mouse and flashdrives. Thanks to the "scanfast" design it speeds security checks at airports. Really nice overall quality.
    Pictures: [​IMG]

I got this baby free cause my aunt and uncle own mobile edge. I had my pick of any of their bags and I'm very glad I picked this. They have many other netbook bags and sleeves of various styles, so be sure to check out their whole selection.

MaLfUnCtIoN, Dec 29, 2009
  15. JaegerWulf

Art606

I made this netbook cozy for my 10.1 [​IMG]

Art606, Apr 18, 2010
  16. JaegerWulf

4shizzle

I use a $30 targus bag from bestbuy that comes with a retractable mouse.

4shizzle, Apr 22, 2010
  17. JaegerWulf

jclawton

Does anyone know of a silicone case/skin for the Acer 532h (10.1")? I can find them for the 8.9", but I've had no success in finding one for the larger model. THANKS.

jclawton, Sep 26, 2010
  18. JaegerWulf

smartmom

These are some pretty cool cases. I have many cases already but if I should need one I know where to find one. Right here on this forum. I like the different variations and colors. I see that they are pretty reasonable as far as how much they cost.It is very important to have the perfect fitting case and I love the ones that I can put other things in it like paper and pencil.

smartmom, Jan 24, 2014
Ask a Question