Carry Bags, Cases, and Sleeves

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JaegerWulf, Sep 19, 2008.

1. JaegerWulf

moukun

moukun, Oct 20, 2008
  2. JaegerWulf

Modred189

Here is my AAO in the PDair sleeve/wallet thing. For $30, this thing is awesome. The extra little pockets in the top are nice.
    And it may be weird to say, but the leather on this things smells amazing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Modred189, Oct 20, 2008
  3. JaegerWulf

TTgowings

I too was looking at that PDAir case, I was just wondering about the holes on the bottom, does it seem to limit the amount of air/heat from the bottom ? Does it seem to get any hotter with it then without it ?

TTgowings, Oct 21, 2008
  4. JaegerWulf

Modred189

I don't notice a big difference. According to speedfan, temps under load go from 45-50 degrees, both well within limits.

More specifically, I can definitely feel air exiting the holes...

Modred189, Oct 21, 2008
  5. JaegerWulf

Pontificator

Pontificator, Oct 25, 2008
  6. JaegerWulf

jinx022

For a cheap aa1 case, checkout the lunch bags section of your local discount store. Try to find the tallest bag to fit the 10" length of the Acer. These are normally $6 to $8 and provide shock, thermal and germ protection. Examples are:

http://www.arcticzone.com/products/az/lunch-bags/

They don't look like a purse and some have attached beverage holders.

jinx022, Oct 25, 2008
  7. JaegerWulf

Pontificator

Crumpler makes 3 very nice bags which will accommodate the AA1 as well as the power cord. Both will accommodate laptops/netbooks up to 12" (they will not hold a 13.3" Macbook)

The first is the moderately-priced "The Skivvy" size small. It has a single, padded pocket, a gusseted outer pocket, a basic shoulder strap, and a handle built into the bag's top. The Skivvy's outer flap is held in place with a patch of velcro. Price is a moderate $55 (US). Personally, I'm considering this one but I'm also glad that I already have a neoprene sleeve as there isn't much holding that bag's outer flap in place. It also looks more like a messenger bag than a laptop bag so it has less "hey! STEAL ME!" appeal.

http://www.ebags.com/crumpler/the_skivv ... elid=93293

The second offering is Crumpler's "Breakfast Buffet" bag. It's considerably more expensive ($90) but has a padded shoulder strap, more pockets, and a special velcro-secured flap which locks the laptop/netbook into the bag.

http://www.ebags.com/crumpler/the_break ... elid=93303

The Third offering is "The Moderate Embarrassment". It has pretty much the same features as the "Breakfast Buffet" bag but also has more divided interior pockets and a big plus: two snap straps which secure the main flap shut. It's $80 US.

http://www.ebags.com/crumpler/the_moder ... elid=93390

Pontificator, Oct 26, 2008
  8. JaegerWulf

siege1010

Found this by chance at Target

Denali Structured PDVD Bag 9"

Nice rigid sides offer plenty of protection. Great craftsmanship and design. Looks like plenty of room for a 6 cell. Room for charger and cord. Shoulder strap.

[​IMG]

siege1010, Oct 27, 2008
  9. JaegerWulf

TTgowings

TTgowings, Oct 27, 2008
  10. JaegerWulf

CharlieP

1st off - Hi Charlie from Bend,Oregon USA here. Just got my AAO (xp version 120g HD and 1gig ram). I LOVE THIS LITTLE THING ! (but i digress)

I ride motorcycles a lot so I needed a padded bag for my baby. I liked the econo idea of the portable DVD player case and wooooooo did I find the perfect (imho) bag.

The bag is a 10" portable DVD player case from a Best Buy private label called init. NT-DV203 is the part number, cost $24.99 USD. http://animemountain.com/initbag.htm to see more pics and a link to Best Buy's page for the product. I DO NOT WORK for Best Buy :evil: I actually don't really care for shopping there but this was a good score. :twisted:

Here's my basic load out. btw this fits my motorcycle tail bag just perfect :ugeek:
    [​IMG]

CharlieP, Oct 30, 2008
  11. JaegerWulf

jair2k4

charlie, after you put all that stuff in, is there any room for more?

I carry a portable hard drive, 25 ft of cat 5 cable, and a lanyard with like 15 flash drives on it. It looks to be about perfect for me, assuming theres room in there for a few extra items.

jair2k4, Oct 31, 2008
  12. JaegerWulf

moosalope

Finally found a decent case for my 6 cell after about 4 dvd player cases from target and bestbuy. I was at radio shack for who knows what, and I saw a dvd player case on sale for $15. The employee threw away the tag while he rang it up, so I assume it was an expired sale tag, but he still gave me the price, regular price was only $21. I cut out all the seat belt straps, as I just want a bag, not a workstation. Fits the 6 cell fine, I put it under the mesh to keep it snug, and room to spare for charger, portable hd, and any cables you need. Check the link to use the stock checker, every store within 50 miles of me has it in stock. Also noticed that they have the 3 cell 120 gb model in store, first one I've seen in stock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2288215

moosalope, Nov 2, 2008
  13. JaegerWulf

imranacer

I like the lunchbag idea by Jinx earlier....though I wouldnt want to walk into a meeting with a client carrying a Kiddies Lunchbag. :D

imranacer, Nov 3, 2008
  14. JaegerWulf

gaztaag

gaztaag, Nov 6, 2008
  15. JaegerWulf

Ness

A question about the PDAir book-like cover : I saw in the description that it closes with a magnet. Won't it damage a SSD ? I just love the look of it, but I don't want to jeopardize my data.

Ness, Nov 7, 2008
  16. JaegerWulf

Tamrac

Nope. SSD is not a magnetic media.....

Tamrac, Nov 7, 2008
  17. JaegerWulf

Ness

Cool :)

Ness, Nov 7, 2008
  18. JaegerWulf

Pontificator

Radio Shack store damn near right across the street I'll have to wander over there and take a look at the Icon case.

Also, Wal-Mart sells a Case Logic neoprene sleeve for 7-9" portable DVD players ($9.99) that fits the AAO perfectly.

Pontificator, Nov 7, 2008
  19. JaegerWulf

JDM498

JDM498, Nov 8, 2008
  20. JaegerWulf

Yaniel

just wanted to let everyone know, i just received this sleeve and i have a 6cell model and it fit PERFECT, extremely snug but its fully covered.

one pic with the aao inside the sleeve, the other with the aao on top of it, as you see, its a very exact fit, but since the neoprene is very elastic, its not a problem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yaniel, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question