Carry Bags, Cases, and Sleeves

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JaegerWulf, Sep 19, 2008.

1. JaegerWulf

Spyder

That's a little pricey for a "man purse".

Spyder, Sep 26, 2008
  2. JaegerWulf

Deoki

Ok, here it is, the sleeve (i think) everyone was waiting for, straight from Acer themselves (dont know if this was posted elsewere):

[​IMG]

Product Details:
    Available now on every European Acer Store for:
    € 19,90 (incl. IVA) plus Shipment
    £ 15,90 (incl. VAT) plus Shipment

I need one for my girlfriend's One, and another for me, but there is no Acer Shop in Portugal, so I will try to contact a partner, or a fellow AspireOneUser that can help me out (I will pay every cost, of course). Please, please help me! :cry:

Please, everyone from Europe, help the other fellow Aspire One Users that live inside Europe but dont have Acer Store's in their country, or outside our continent where these accessories still dont exist! If we order more than one sleeve at a time, the shipment costs will be smaller and smaller, and everyone will be wins. :)

EDIT: Also, if you look in the FAQs:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    OFF-TOPIC:

Oh, and for a bonus, this is also on sale:

Aspire One 6-cell Battery BLACK / WHITE
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Deoki, Sep 26, 2008
  3. JaegerWulf

MiniZini

Waterfield: Carry Bags, Cases, and Sleeves

I never hesitate to pay for quality, and believe me the Waterfield gear is quality like you've never seen before. The things still look new after years of use. (My colleague has used his "Cargo" for five years and it still looks spectacular. He's the one who turned me on to this company. They're kind of a well-kept secret.)

Cargo:http://www.sfbags.com/products/cargo/cargo.htm

MiniZini, Sep 30, 2008
  4. JaegerWulf

coolshop

Re: Waterfield Designs / www.sfbags.com

Hello

You said that size 21-15 fits the 6 cell battery model..... how did you determine that 21-15 was the right size? You can select 21-15 as a size, but it is not noted anywhere on their sizing chart...? Also, how is the fit? roomy? nice and snug? uncomfortably snug?

Thanks

coolshop, Oct 1, 2008
  5. JaegerWulf

MiniZini

Hi Coolshop,

I called the company and talked to Tanya. She helped me with the sizing (very nice and very helpful). Fit is very good. They have an email on their site (i think it's [email protected]) that you can use for questions. When I emailed they got back to me very quickly. I am loving mine. Good luck!

MiniZini, Oct 1, 2008
  6. JaegerWulf

was8v

7. JaegerWulf

alastair

@ was8v

I have a PDAir case like the brown one for me EEE 701 and it is very nice; I think I ordered mine direct from them. Only thing is that it won't accomodate extended batterys.

I've just ordered a Zeroshock sleeve for mine; available on Ebay from a chap in Japan and also one in the USA; I bought from the chap in Japan because he had stock but the guy in the US was very helpful.

Links to both in case you are interested:
    USA: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/yap2528 ... omZQQ_mdoZ
    Japan: http://stores.ebay.com/Tenikiti-Ghibli- ... idZ2QQtZkm

Hope this helps

Al

alastair, Oct 2, 2008
  8. JaegerWulf

coolshop

Do you have the 6 cell Aspire One? Which size of the Zeroshock cases that you referred to will fit it best?

coolshop, Oct 2, 2008
  9. JaegerWulf

levitron

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZEROSHOCK-III-10- ... 911.c0.m14

Taking some rough measurements of the AA1 (3-cell), I believe the Zeroshock case offered by that seller best fits the 6-cell.

The 3-cell is approximately 6.5inches deep vs. the 7.3inch depth of the Zeroshock case.

levitron, Oct 3, 2008
  10. JaegerWulf

coolshop

I guess I'll just wait till my 6 cell arrives today and measure carefully. Earlier in this thread someone said it was 9.8" x 7.7" x 1.42", which doesn't sound like it will fit in that case you linked to. A poster had originally said 6.7" inches depth, but a later poster corrected him indicating it is 7.7".

coolshop, Oct 3, 2008
  11. JaegerWulf

Fallenrider

Anybody tries the 10.4 Zeroshock case with the Aspire One yet?

Ordered mine from eBay but now a little worried that it's going to be too small.

Ohh just to add I found a youtube clip showing what it looks like:

Fallenrider, Oct 5, 2008
  12. JaegerWulf

Jooleeus

I have a 10.4" Zeroshock III case from my previous laptop, but my Aspire One won't arrive until later in the week. From what I've heard on another forum, the Aspire One with the 6-cell battery will not completely fit in this case. The battery is just a little too big, apparently. However, since the case has 2 zippers, you might be able to zip up to the ends of the battery. I'll test it out and take pictures once mine arrives.

Jooleeus, Oct 6, 2008
  13. JaegerWulf

Fallenrider

Thanks Jooleeus.
    I'll only be using the standard 3cell battery so I should be fine for the depth of the case. It's more the width I'm worried about as most of the eBay auctions indicate the internal width to be 9" (the aspire one is more like 10").
    Hopefully the sides/zip have enough give for me to squeeze the netbbok in.

Fallenrider, Oct 6, 2008
  14. JaegerWulf

coolshop

I decided to go with the laptop sleeve from SFbags.com as some earlier in this thread recommended. It seems to have consistently rave reviews, and looks very protective. I hope to receive it later this week and will try and post pictures.

coolshop, Oct 6, 2008
  15. JaegerWulf

stilagrrl

I've now received my 6-cell battery and can confirm that the AA1 with the 6-cell fits in the Waterfield Designs SleeveCase 20-13 fine.

stilagrrl, Oct 7, 2008
  16. JaegerWulf

coolshop

The Waterfield people told me to order 21-15 for the 6 cell. Haven't gotten it yet. Someone above said they also ordered the 21-15 and it fit as well.

coolshop, Oct 7, 2008
  17. JaegerWulf

Ace_Rimmer

Took a chance on a very inexpensive case for my Aspire One. Just arrived via UPS and it is a great fit!

Mil-Tech Rex Pistol Gun Case 9" x 12" Nylon Black
    $15.49 US
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... mid=213463
    or search midwayusa.com for item # 213-436

Thoughts: Shipping was $11, but I was ordering other stuff so that was not a problem. You might be able to find a similar item at a local shop and not have to pay shipping (or maybe you are already a Midway customer :D ).

Extremely well padded. There is a single pocket on one side that will hold the AAO so there is no danger of the computer slipping out when you unzip the case. There are five small pockets on the other side that could hold very small items such as SD cards, USB thumbdrives, and earbuds.

There is no room in the case for the power supply and cord. Not a problem for me as I will use this to take my AAO to the library or other locations to use their WiFi hot spot, or to carry while traveling when the power supply can go in other luggage, car console, etc. Provides much better shock, bump, and rain/snow protection than the Acer sleeve.

Might have enough room for the 6-cell battery, but maybe not. Not sure how much extra room the larger battery takes.

9" x 12" measurement is the outside dimension, so the inside is just right for the AAO.

Very generic looking with no markings on the outside, so despite the name I don't think most people would assume that you are carrying anything unusual. Could just as well be a computer tech's tool kit!

Ace_Rimmer, Oct 7, 2008
  18. JaegerWulf

Jooleeus

I just received my Aspire One, and it fits perfectly in the Zeroshock case, even with the 6-cell battery. It looks tight at first, but it zips easily and doesn't allow the laptop to slide around while inside the case. I don't have access to a good camera right now to take pictures, but I think you'll be happy with the Zeroshock!

Jooleeus, Oct 8, 2008
  19. JaegerWulf

Fallenrider

Phew.
    Cheers for updating me Jooleeus. My case isn't likely to turn up for another week or so yet (curse the slow international shipping), but I'll try and take a few pics myself when it arrives.

Fallenrider, Oct 8, 2008
  20. JaegerWulf

ef1975

Name: Case Logic E-Sling Bag for UMPCs - Size Large
    Price: $59.99 US
    Location: http://www.caselogic.com/e_sling_medium ... lid=125395
    Notes: The bag comes in S,M, and L. The One fits fine in the medium bag but the large allows you to carry 8X11 notebooks + papers while still not being as big as most laptop bags.

[​IMG]

ef1975, Oct 9, 2008
Ask a Question