Careful with the webcam!!!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ericssonfan2000, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ericssonfan2000

ericssonfan2000

Hi All,

Many AAO-owner - just like me - experienced the phenomenon that the webcam stops working, somehow it resets itself and different ID values will be valid which will be unrecognizable, etc..., the long and the short of it is that it won't work anymore.

I just installed VirtualDub once to try what it can do, and after the next restart the webcam was gone. Put back Linpus, the same.
    I had to take it back to PcWorld, they gave the money back, and bought another one somewhere else.

So be really careful when you install a software that affects the webcam in any way, might not be worth it!

From now on I'll only use the XP-supplied driver and Skype, nothing more!

Cheers

ericssonfan2000, Dec 9, 2008
  2. ericssonfan2000

matrix321

oh yes that is reality....
    ..but I can´t take my whole netbook back .. in case of my mods
    :mrgreen:

well maybe there will be a solution for this problem soon.....

matrix321, Dec 9, 2008
  3. ericssonfan2000

scourdx

I ran into this issue. First when I install Acer Aspire One software update from Acer website, the webcam suddenly stop showing. Afterward I use CCleaner to clean the registry and the webcam shows up again. Now when I update Windows using windows update, the webcam stop showing. I've contact Acer support and they said to reinstall Windows again. The webcam issue is really bugging me for longest time. I gave up trying to fix it and got myself external webcam.

scourdx, Dec 18, 2008
Ask a Question