Can't write to left SD card in Linpus

Discussion in 'Storage' started by johnfante, Dec 6, 2008.

1. johnfante

johnfante

I have a 16GB SDGC card in my left side reader (I have teh Linpus version with 8GB SSD). When I inserted the card it merged fine with the system (made the documents, pictures folders etc.) but I can't put files directly on it and I can't delete files, drawers either.

I think it is a permission problem but I do not know how to correct it. Recently I tried out Ubuntu but decieded to go back to lipus. During the Ubuntu install i formatet the SD card as ext2 and it worked fine in Ubuntu. I could read and write form it, it made a lost-found drawer (it is still therre and I can't delete it) on the card and everything worked fine.

I have tried to use gparted to format the card again but I get an error no matter what i do.

When I right click and check permissions it says that the owner is root and all the ther possiblities are greyed out.

I think I have to use chown or something but my linux experience is not that great.

Thank you in advance.

johnfante, Dec 6, 2008
  2. johnfante

johnfante

Solved the problem.

First i ran sudo chown user /media/disk

Then i ran thunar as root and that changed the permissions for the SD from root to user.

Not sure if it is the first or last that did the trick but now it works :)

johnfante, Dec 6, 2008
Ask a Question