Can't transfer movies to larger monitor

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Homer, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Homer

Homer

I Have an Acer aspire one ZG5 1Gig ram 160 gig HD, Windows XP. I formatted the Hard drive and installed my own copy of XP and then service pack three. On the factory OS you used the HOT Keys-Fn then F5 to view what you were looking at on another Monitor (usually larger). But now when I use those keys nothing happens. Those little TV Icons don't appear and I can't get it to project a movie onto a larger Monitor. I installed all the appropriate drivers from Acer. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Homer, Jul 4, 2010
  2. Homer

Swarvey Moderator

You need the "Launch Manager". It is essentially a driver for your keyboard to enable the FN+ shortcut keys. It's available as a driver download from Acers Support website.

Swarvey, Jul 4, 2010
  3. Homer

Homer

Thanks Swarvey I will see if I can find it.

Homer, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Homer

Homer

Thank you for your help I googled the Launch manager and found it on some acer download site and it worked I'm now watching a movie on my 22 inch samsung monitor. Have a great week my friend.

Homer, Jul 5, 2010
  5. Homer

Swarvey Moderator

Just for future reference, you should always try to download your drivers from the Acer website. That is unless you know what you're doing when it comes to getting the drivers directly from the component manufacturer. Googling can lead you on a wild goose chase, take you to potentially virus infected softwares, take you to malware sites, or even just to the wrong drivers all together.

Acer's Website:
    http://www.acer.com

Acer's Support Website for Driver Downloads: (Australian Locale)
    Link

Goto the Driver Download link above, choose Netbook, then Aspire One, then your model number (which can be found on the underside of the netbook itself), choose your operating system (Windows or Linux version) from the drop down list that appears, then click on the "Drivers" tab to gain access to all the driver downloads for your model.

Swarvey, Jul 5, 2010
  6. Homer

Homer

I couldn't find it on the Acer website but I scan the others for viruses. I will try the Australian site. One question I notice when I hit the Fn key then the F5 those small tv Icons appear but I can't get them off the screen Escape doesn't work It's not working now even when I reinstalled the Launch manager and reboot it will go onto the big monitor but only until the welcome screen appears and then it goes dark. ? any Idea why.

Homer, Jul 5, 2010
  7. Homer

Swarvey Moderator

Can you get a screenshot of it?

Usually those monitors (which are just BMP images) go away after a few seconds. You could have the wrong (or a buggy version of) Launch Manager, or other drivers could be causing problems.

When it comes to the Acer website, you'll need your actual model number. ZG5 is just a sub-model. If you look under your AAO you'll find the sticker that has somethign along these lines:
    Aspire One D250-0Bk

The above example is from mine. D250 is the model (which you need for the Acer Support website) the 0bk is just a sub-model, like your ZG5

Swarvey, Jul 6, 2010
Ask a Question