Can't run anything on Linpus!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GriFF3n, Sep 28, 2008.

1. GriFF3n

GriFF3n

Hi everyone,

I followed this tutorial (http://jorge.ulver.no/2008/08/06/acer-a ... ultdesktop) to change the default desktop and now i don't have any way of opening anything. Right click does nothing, and when i click on the home button on the bottom of the screen i get the error "Could not run command: xfdestop2 --gohome: Failed to execute child process "xfdesktop2 (No such file or directory)"". I know i can get the right click to work if i can get a terminal, but theres no way for me to get to a terminal. Is there a prog i can download and then run from a USB drive to start a terminal? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

GriFF

GriFF3n, Sep 28, 2008
  2. GriFF3n

ivor

Alt-F2?

ivor, Sep 28, 2008
  3. GriFF3n

GriFF3n

Does nothing. Have tried every combination of alt/ctrl/function there is and nothing works. Trying to get my hands on a Live CD of Linpus Lite and just reinstall it, but for some reason Linpus's site seems to be down.

GriFF

GriFF3n, Sep 29, 2008
  4. GriFF3n

GriFF3n

Any other ideas out there? Ubuntu is running great, but my Linpus install is still all fubar.

GriFF

GriFF3n, Sep 30, 2008
  5. GriFF3n

daldred

daldred, Sep 30, 2008
  6. GriFF3n

GriFF3n

I'm pretty sure their not sharing the same /home directory. If that was the case, then Linpus would not even boot, right? I followed that tutorial to a "T" and no there is only a main desktop, but no way to access ANYTHING. Is there a way i could edit files in Ubuntu for that install? Like put a terminal shortcut on the desktop? Is there a way to run a terminal from a USB drive? Anything like that should get me back to access something on Linpus. Any ideas?

GriFF

GriFF3n, Oct 1, 2008
  7. GriFF3n

GriFF3n

Bump for help.

GriFF3n, Oct 3, 2008
  8. GriFF3n

rbil

Do you mean that you've got a dual boot and Ubuntu is running fine and you need to edit some files on Linpus on the same computer? Why don't you just do that from Ubuntu?

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 4, 2008
Ask a Question