Can't install XP on CF Mod - Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Guest, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello from Spain!

I've bought an AAO Linux Version some time ago, and some day I thought that installing an XP would be a good idea, for software compatibility purpose.

Then, when I installed the XP from a USB stick on the SSD without problems, I realized the annoying stalling problems... :!: Multiple posts recommended the CF Mod and how it could be the perfect solution to replace the SSD. I bought the ZIF-to-CF adapter, the most compatible Transcend 300X 8GB CF Card and flipped the supplied cable with the filter on it. The CF Card is recognized well in BIOS, and all seemed to be working :) .

When I tried to install the XP with the same USB stick on the CF, one problem kept me back: When all the required files are copied by the XP installation procedure to the CF, and it resets the AAO to continue the installation, my AAO hangs when it tries to load the first GUI part of the XP installation process! :shock: And it's the same nLite XP mod that I installed on the SSD the first time without problems!

I've tried almost everything, changing the XP version, changing the cable, changing the the USB stick, and nothing works... The only thing that I noticed is that the CF adapter is slightly different from the ones used by other forum users. Mine has the PCB black and it looks different made, but it has the same chip disposition, like the LED light. I ordered another adapter, hoping that it solves my problem.

But any help or suggestions would be really, really apreciated...

Guest, Sep 28, 2008
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Succesful installation! :D

As I expected, the adapter was the real problem. I ordered the SAME ONE as the others I saw around here and it works. The other adapter locked up my AAO everytime I tried to install XP. It's the one with the PCB in black colour. The one with the green PCB is the one to choose, the one from the other forum users. If I have time, I'll post photos with the two adapters, to help people with my past problems... ;)

Thanks to the people that make this forum run! :p

Guest, Oct 10, 2008
Ask a Question