cant install network controller or turn on wireless

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by john_k, Mar 13, 2010.

1. john_k

john_k

hi there i have a acer aspire one a0531h and i cant seem to find a driver for network installer, nor can i turn on my wireless, hopefully the two are releated

ive googled this and stil no answer

any ideas

cheers

john_k, Mar 13, 2010
  2. john_k

Swarvey Moderator

Swarvey, Mar 13, 2010
  3. john_k

john_k

ok tried that and theres 4 differnet wireless options and i cant even turn the wireless on, when i switch the switch over nothing happens

ive tried install each one and they all say the sevice is not turned on, either turn it on or plug it in is what its asking for

the wirelss was working before ?

john_k, Mar 14, 2010
  4. john_k

john_k

ok i just tried every driver on there, and each one says either plug the wireless in or turn it on, the netbook is showing theres network controller not installed and i cant turn it on

its driving me crazy, any ideas

john_k, Mar 14, 2010
  5. john_k

john_k

i ended up ringing acer tech surport today, after telling them my problem he tells me its a wireless problem and i need a driver, i new this already so i said fine what do i need to get this working, he said acer launch manager, i said this is not an option to download from your website, he then said oh, we havent released that then, so i asked what am i to do he said go to the wireless card maker, as i dont know who this is im stuck, i also tried some launch managers i found on the web but its still saying theres a netowrk contoller which needs a driver

so can anyone tell me what card they have in there acer aspire one, model A0531h, or send me the driver :confused::confused:

john_k, Mar 15, 2010
  6. john_k

Swarvey Moderator

Which service is it mentioning?
    Which operating system are you using?
    Have you tried to automatically update the drivers from Device Manager? (which will use the Windows Update service to locate something they may have released)

Swarvey, Mar 16, 2010
Ask a Question