Can't install 7 on Acer laptop.Recovery manager ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by donkosme, Dec 19, 2009.

1. donkosme

donkosme

Hi. I have a problem installing Windows 7. I have Acer Aspire 6920 with Windows Vista. I've tried to update Vista to 7 or just format the the whole drive and install a fresh copy but same problem. Everything from the installation is perfect but after this just before the start window to load i get this screen http://img693.imageshack.us/i/acer.jpg/ . It says that i need recovery and i only can click Exit. If i put my Acer Recover CD, it automatic installs Vista. I am so pissed off. I can't believe i can only run Vista on this Acer ? Please help. Thanks in advance

donkosme, Dec 19, 2009
  2. donkosme

Bramster

When I installed WIn7 I booted from the Win7 install disc and then picked the install where one can set things to its own choice. Then you also get the choice to fiddle around with partitions.

First thing I did was to delete all partitions, including the Acer Recovery partitions, and then formatted the entire hadr drive.

After that I did a normal Win7 install.

Bramster, Dec 19, 2009
Ask a Question