Can't get Snow Leopard to [Re]install

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by AK963, Nov 23, 2009.

1. AK963

AK963

Ok, so I decided to try to install retail SL using Netbook boot maker. I restored the image and made it bootable several times before I could actually get it to install the whole way though. I had been using 0.8.3 RC4, and as soon as I wiped the drive, restore SL .dmg and made it bootable using 0.8.2 it worked! After installing a few of my apps I decided to try VM Ware fusion so I could test Chrome OS. Bad idea. It kernel paniced and after a restart I couldn't get to the logon screen. So I decided to wipe the partition and reinstall it, but I haven't been able to get it to fully install using either version of the app. The install keeps failing at around 30% saying it couldn't load necessary support files. I don't see what I'm doing differently, I'm using the same SL disk image, same netbook boot maker version and same OS install file to disable partition table checking. Any ideas? :-(

AK963, Nov 23, 2009
Ask a Question