Can't get Kalyway 10.5.2 to install

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by bobfl, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bobfl

bobfl

I just got my Acer Aspire One today and I am trying to get it setup to dual boot OS X and XP.

I have spent hours surfing for the best way to to this. I am trying to follow http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversio ... 29774.html

The only thing I have gotten to work is the BIOS update. I booted with the Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD I downloaded and I created 2 partitions. The first one is partitioned hfs journaled and I selected the GUID option. The second partition is formatted DOS and set to MBR. Every time I try to run the install, it will either give me the beach ball and hang (always at different places) or if I finally do get to the install, it will get down to like 28 mins to install and then it ejects the DVD.

I have no idea what is going on. Did I get a bad Kalyway? Is my external DVD drive messed up? I burned a new DVD and no help. Did I not partition correctly? It seems like plenty of people got this working.

Any advice on what to try next? Thanks for the help.

bobfl, Oct 29, 2008
  2. bobfl

denshaotoko808

denshaotoko808, Oct 29, 2008
  3. bobfl

bobfl

I finally did get this to work. I think the problem might have been the DVD media I was using (Memorex). I burned a new DVD-RW (another Memorex) this time using Toast and burning at the slowest speed, and then the DVD worked without a hitch. I did the Kalyway update and now I am running 10.5.5.

bobfl, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question