Can't Figure Out How To Boot Your Acer? Read This!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Taboo42814, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Taboo42814

Taboo42814

My Acer Aspire One laptop I obtained from a friend of mine because he said he couldn't get it to start up. I tried getting to to boot off of usb sticks/drives countless times! Then I figured out, as soon as you start up your Acer, hold ALT and pres F10 repeatedly untill it says "Windows Loading Files" Your Acer is now loading the default factory settings! This way all the courrupted files that were not allowing your computer to start are now going to be deleted and brand new files are added. After the files are loaded it brings you to an "Acer eRecovery Management" page. Here you have the option to clear everything on the computer.(The Option To Restore Default Settings But Keep User Files Is Also Avalible) Now just follow the steps it tells you to do and your computer will be better in no time! Hope this helps somebody else like finding it helped me! :)

Taboo42814, Aug 23, 2014
  2. Taboo42814

neillongsden

Does this apply if the OS is Linux please?

neillongsden, Sep 19, 2014
  3. Taboo42814

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Sorry Neil... it does not........... Apologies in advance I can only use B I have no no lowercase B ... till new keyBd arrives

Installing Linux on a 'windows' computer will overwrite the Master Boot Record (MBR) which tells Windows where to go to find Files so it can run Windows.

If 'just running' Linux... and it fails to Boot - if you can still see the Boot menu... try the 'next line down' proBaBly the line ends in (recovery mode)
    If that doesn't cure it... it looks like a Re-install is called for.

BUT... IF you installed Linux (even dual Booting with Windows), and ONLY want Windows... You still have that MBR proBlem - BUT it is easy to cure... If you have the Windows DVD... Just put it in the drive, instead of Install - choose Repair your computer...
    It is easier to view THIS weB page - it has 'pictures as well as text - so it is easy to follow...
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

Please let me know if this IS the sort of info you need...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Sep 21, 2014
Ask a Question