Can't figure out a few things with my new 751 - please help

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by paulsmyprinter, Jan 15, 2010.

1. paulsmyprinter

paulsmyprinter

I've put in about 10 hours so far before giving up and posting this so please know I'm not just being lazy

1) My netbook won't play recorded tv files (DVR-MS) recorded on my home computer using media edition. My son's Acer aspire 10" one will play these files, but he has media player 9 which I recall loading or finding a codec to make it work. On his, I can play the native files without having to run a converter. Has someone figured out how to do this on the 751? I'm running xp home edition.

2) Logitech webcams come with a software called Logitech Vid that is super easy compared to running skype, gmail or an instant messenger. The rest of my family in other states are using Logitech Vid and again my son's computer is able to use VID software with his built in Acer webcam no problem, but when I try people can see me, but I can't see them. I've gone to the Acer website and tried downloading both versions of the webcam software and neither fixes it, but I know that the webcam is working because when I press Start/Acer Crystal Eye webcam a window opens and the camera starts working. Has anyone fixed this or a similar problem?

paulsmyprinter, Jan 15, 2010
  2. paulsmyprinter

paulsmyprinter

I got the video to play using VLC open source media player. Now, just need to figure out what's preventing the webcam from working with Logitech VID.

paulsmyprinter, Jan 16, 2010
Ask a Question