can't connect to any wireless networks - help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ensoph, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ensoph

ensoph

I got the A1 w/Linpus like a week ago. Ethernet has been working fine so far. Only today did I get a chance to test the WI-FI.
    However, I can't connect to any of the unsecure wireless networks in my area.
    I have the wireless card detected by the system and enabled (orange light's on) and I can find a bunch of wifi access points around when I scan the networks. but once I try to connect (I've tried both strong and weak signals) I get the "the network connection has been closed" message. I tried rebooting and starting with the "connect automatically" option available in the preferences to no avail either.

what can I do to get it to work?

any ideas would be appreciated.

p.d. btw, on the Connection Manager i did set up a WLAN connection with "DHCP" checked and I've also applied all the live updates available to date.

ensoph, Aug 2, 2008
  2. ensoph

Raido

Hmmm.. hard to say, could be multiple causes, but checking whether wep/wpa is set to off would be where I'd start. Also, trying another wifi laptop (to see whether it *can* login on those networks) would be handy.

Raido, Aug 2, 2008
Ask a Question