Can't boot with usb Flashdrive

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Amanuensis, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Amanuensis

Amanuensis

Sorry if this has been asked before but I tried a search but couldn't find any similar posts. I am new to Linux and after many years using Windows I am having to start thinking again. :)

I used Unetbootin to install Ubuntu Remix on an 8gb flashdrive but when I try to boot with it I get the opening screen with the Ubuntu logo and then it goes to a blank screen with a flashing cursor and stops there. The AAO will not accept any input other than ctl/alt/del and so I have to reboot it. Should I give up on remix and try another OS or has anyone got the answer to my problem.

Amanuensis, Feb 21, 2009
  2. Amanuensis

melhiore

How you prepared flash drive?? There are two ways - one from Unetbootin itself - software downloads necessary files and puts them to USB or you had ISO downloaded already and used this as a source?? This first way sometimes causes bit of problems...

melhiore, Feb 21, 2009
  3. Amanuensis

Amanuensis

I downloaded the Remix ISO unr-1.0.1 and used Unetbootin to put that on the flashdrive

Amanuensis, Feb 21, 2009
  4. Amanuensis

melhiore

That's OK...

Just in case you can try another system. May be there is something wrong with USB you use... If you have same problems with another OS change USB and try again... That's all I can think about ATM.

melhiore, Feb 21, 2009
Ask a Question