Can't boot anymore...black screen

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by nEvErLoOz, Sep 2, 2008.

1. nEvErLoOz

nEvErLoOz

I bought my Aspire one 5 days ago and everything was ok till today! 10 minutes a go I tried to boot my computer but nothing happen! I got a black screen, no activity light, only the power light on the power button is green. It's seem there is no activity in my aspire one anymore excep the fan seem to still running.

Is my aspire one dead? No hardware or software mod...my One is stock and brand new!

nEvErLoOz, Sep 2, 2008
  2. nEvErLoOz

soleblaze

It's a known issue with the .3114 firmware. There's already a thread on it here. This link shows you how to fix it. Basically you get the 3114 bios, unzip it onto the flash drive, and rename the fd file. After that you put the usb stick in, hold function and esc and turn it on. The power light will blink. Press it once and it will start to flash the bios. The light will stay blinking, so it might look like it didn't do anything different..but you should see the activity light on the flash drive blinking (if it has one). Don't turn it off of press anything. After about 2-3 minutes it'll reboot and it should work again.

After this they suggest flashing the bios down to 3009. I haven't done this yet, so I figure mine will blank out again sooner or later.

soleblaze, Sep 3, 2008
  3. nEvErLoOz

micha

Has anyone figured out why this happens yet? It's starting to make me regret I bought one (and I haven't even received it yet) honestly... if it happens so often...

Acer'd better come out with a fix real soon...

micha, Sep 3, 2008
  4. nEvErLoOz

nEvErLoOz

Thanks a lot, my Acer is now back!

You don't have to regret your purchase micha, it's an awesome computer...

I just done a 30 seconds trick to fix my bios and everything is back.

Thanks!

nEvErLoOz, Sep 3, 2008
  5. nEvErLoOz

micha

Yeah, but for how long?

Do you need a dedicated USB-stick to flash it, btw? Or can I just put it with my recovery disc on the same USB stick? That'd be nice...

micha, Sep 3, 2008
  6. nEvErLoOz

soleblaze

afaik you just need that .fd file and flashit.exe (might not even need flashit) to do it. However if you want to restore your bios to say .3109 so it won't happen again then you'll have to create a freedos bootable usb stick. Of course you only need to do that once, and then you can use the usb flash drive for the recovery disc

soleblaze, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question