Cannot use email.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by PaulH, Jan 22, 2009.

1. PaulH

PaulH

I have loaded my own Outlook Express email using the email wizard on the Acer Aspire. All I get when I try to send or receive is ' X Server unreachable. Please try later.' Failed.
    It has always done this. I tried to load the email address again but it said that it was already loaded. I can reach my mail using Google but I want a direct link. Any suggestions? Paul :?

PaulH, Jan 22, 2009
  2. PaulH

daldred

Is this in Linux? If so could you provide the exact error message - "X Server Unreachable" would mean that you had no graphical desktop, which sounds unlikely!

If it's Googlemail, you need to check the exact settings against those given on the Google MAil help pages. There are some things (like port numbers) which are not quite standard, and could lead to 'server unreachable' messages - but not X Server ones!.

daldred, Jan 22, 2009
  3. PaulH

PaulH

Hi David, Thanks for your help, after expending vast amounts of cash on foreign helpdesks and Acers virtualy useless one a kind Indian lady pointed out that when Wanadoo became Orange me user name was changed. All working now and I'm trying to find out if I can use the excellent Spamfighter on it. Regards Paul :D

PaulH, Jan 23, 2009
  4. PaulH

daldred

Glad you're up & running!

Something to consider if you find the Acer Mail limiting (as many people do) and want spam filtration tools is Thunderbird -it's installable from the add/remove software program, and is a lot better than AcerMail!

daldred, Jan 23, 2009
Ask a Question