Cannot turn PC on

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by alankay, Aug 15, 2016.

1. alankay

alankay

I have an Acer Aspire E14. When I turn the power on I see the Acer logo page but then the screen goes black and does not go to the next page requesting a password. Curser works but I am able to turn the switch to off and the PC shuts down. Any ideas please????????

alankay, Aug 15, 2016
  2. alankay

Corzhens

My suspicion is the motherboard. It has the same symptom of our previous desktop although the symptom of failed booting is not consistent. The logo of the computer will be displayed and after that the CMOS should be accessed for the date and time that is stored there. The next step is to start up the OS which was Windows 98 but it does not proceed. We brought it to the tech and the findings is a problem with the processor. Well, it looks like you have to bring your laptop to the repair shop for a proper diagnosis.

Corzhens, Aug 16, 2016
  3. alankay

hades_leae

Yeah, upgrade haha. If it doesn't work properly after a week, it might be time to upgrade, or try and access the boot functions on the laptop so you can reset the computer to factory setting like when you factory reset a cell phone. Mines did this for one week, it would turn on, but the login screen would never show up.

It would show a loading icon, but it would eventually go away, the screen would dim, and that would be it for the computer. Nothing else, so I left it a lone for one week, and it started working again. I don't think it's a virus, sometimes boot sequences might mess up.

hades_leae, Aug 16, 2016
  4. alankay

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Question: are you using the acer's password or are you using the motherboard password.

Try on power up pressing F2 if it allows you in to the motherboard settings then check it lists
    the hard drive.

If you can get into the motherboard settings then it sounds like a software problem
    let the forums know and we will help you further.

something back, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question