Cannot turn on Bluetooth on Asus X551 M

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Riff88, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Riff88

Riff88

Hallo,

I have searched endlessly on Google to try and find a solution to my problem, I hope I can find it here.

I cannot turn on Bluetooth on my Asus Notebook X551M (Windows 8 - 64 bit)

Apparently there is a button somewhere on the laptop where you can turn it on, I've looked and searched but cannot find it.

If I go to SETTINGS > CHANGE PC SETTINGS > WIRELESS then I can see several items such as BROADBAND, WI-FI and BLUETOOTH, but the bluetooth is just a solid grey, there is no way to turn it on. The broadband and wi-fi are turned on, but you cannot set the bluetooth to ON mode.

I re-installed new drivers (as recommended on the Asus official driver website, but nothing works.

Please help me to turn it back on!!

Riff88, Nov 6, 2014
  2. Riff88

something back

You may require a bluetooth dongle go to places like Ebay and type in Bluetooth dongle

something back, Nov 7, 2014
  3. Riff88

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Can't say exactly, for Windows 8 as I don't have a Win 8 Computer but based on Windows 10... (Currently using the Technical Review) you should still have Control Panel in there... Look for Windows System > Control Panel

Go to Control Panel then select Device Manager -
    Just found THIS easier way to get to Device manager (it works in Win !) so it should also work in Win 8.

In the SEARCH box, type in : devmgmt.msc
    it takes you straight to Device Manager

In there you will find a left panel showing MOST of the devices currently IN your computer ... Try clicking on the > to left of Network it should 'drop' a list of built in devices such as
    Intel Gigabit Network connection (the connector used to connect directly to a Router)
    Intel WiFi Link 5100 WLAN Card (Wireless LAN)
    and Broadcom ????? Bluetooth - I don't know which one you have... it might NOT be Broadcom card

IF THERE IS NO Bluetooth there... it isn't fitted! (I bought one of my Samsungs because it SAID - IT HAD Bluetooth - but it didn't... THERE are always ODD versions of any model...

IF IT IS THERE... but not working... RIGHT CLICK its descriptor From the menu - choose Properties
    it should say (in that next window) why it isn't working...

SOMETIMES you need to use the right click menu to Uninstall a device (Bluetooth in your case)
    THEN switch OFF the computer and THEN START it again (do NOT just ReStart!)

It should detect a Bluetooth device and re-install it for you...Given a chance... choose to tell it where the driver you downloaded is... instead of letting it choose the same old - same old driver

Hope this solves your problem.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Brian8gbSSDLinux, Nov 9, 2014
    Ian likes this.
  4. Riff88

TheRedCap

They sell external bluetooth adapters that aren't bad. They might even work better then the one built in.

TheRedCap, Jan 14, 2016
  5. Riff88

CARLosDUTY

I THINK THIS LAPTOP DOESN´T HAVE BLUETOOTH, I HAVE AN X551M AND I CAN´T FIND BLUETOOTH OPTIONS ANYWHERE

CARLosDUTY, Aug 4, 2017
Ask a Question