cannot turn off

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by astarcc, Mar 4, 2009.

1. astarcc

astarcc

The screen has a idle picture on it. the on off switch is lighted and steady. pressing control does not bring up a menu. pressing the off button so it clicks does not shut down the computer. I take the battery out and put it back in and turn it on and it comes up to a menu. I press the off switch and it shuts down. I do not like it that I have to take the battery off. FYI

astarcc, Mar 4, 2009
  2. astarcc

jeremysdad

Are you holding the button down for a few seconds, or just pushing it? You have to hold it down...

jeremysdad, Mar 5, 2009
  3. astarcc

Scissors

You failed to mention which One you are using.
    What type of Aspire One are you using?

Scissors, Mar 6, 2009
  4. astarcc

msfidget

I'm having a similar problem with Windows XP. Went through shutdown procedure, screen display says Windows is shutting down. But it didn't. I tried the power button several times, holding it down for a long time. Tried ctrl-alt-delete, enter, escape, any key I could think of. Nada. It stayed on until the battery ran down. I haven't plugged in the charger yet in case someone here has advice on something to do before that step. Help!!!!!!!

msfidget, Mar 23, 2009
Ask a Question